Poland to conduct Tunisian investigation?
PR dla Zagranicy
Polish investigators will request permission to conduct an inquiry into the terrorist attack which saw three Poles murdered in Tunis last week.
The Tunisian gunmen walking around the Bardo museum in Tunis during the attack on Wednesday. Photo: EPA/TUNISAN INTERIOR MINISTRY
“We will submit the documentation on Monday. We expect approval by the Tunisian authorities,” Piotr Woźniak from the Appellate Prosecutor's Office in Warsaw, told broadcaster TVN24.
The request will be first submitted to the Prosecutor General's Office, and from there to Tunisia.
“We look forward to an urgent decision on the part of the Tunisian authorities. We want to be able to see the documents on site, as well as participate in the trial activities of the Tunisian authorities,” Woźniak added.
The request already has the blessing of the General Prosecutor.
“I will give a positive opinion about the request for legal aid on the attack. I'll send [the documents] to Tunisia as soon as possible,” Attorney General Andrzej Seremet told the tvn24.pl website.
As many as 23 died in the Tunisian terrorist attacks, including three Poles. Two gunmen were killed in the siege on Wednesday, while two more were arrested. Tunisian authorities have said that at least one more person is still at large. (rg)